Container Labeling System
Codonics Container Labeling System (CLS) creates a label designed to add a machine readable barcode safely to the unit dose without covering the original manufacturer’s label, making it possible to improve unit dose safety in the healthcare enterprise. CLS machine-readable barcode labels can be scanned and read by hospital-based logistics, billing, labeling and distribution systems, including the Codonics Safe Label System (SLS). Product includes software application, barcode scanner, label printer and uniquely designed labels. With CLS, barcoding has never been easier.
Built with durability and reliability, the direct thermal printer provides a wide range of features in a very small footprint. CLS can print three differently shaped barcode labels to accommodate labeling for all types and sizes of containers. The versatile scanner can be used in both handheld and hands-free modes and offers superior comfort, ease of use, and rapid scanning using the latest technology.
CLS includes four distinct authority levels to accommodate the workflow: Administrator, Manager, Technician and Operator.
Prints labels that include all pertinent drug information. Labels are available in several sizes and types to fit any medication vial or ampoule.
Features and Benefits
- Data can be quickly and easily exported to other programs
- Intuitive and user friendly for data entry
- Internationalization and local language support
- Log files maintained for data history
- Operator workflow print approval
- Administrative verification workflow confirmation
- Network ready (printer and database sharing)
- Drugs configured as high-risk require pharmacist approval for printing
- Multi-level user functionality to assure integrity of data
- Manufacturer and container verification mode
The Container Labeling System is not available for purchase or use in the United States.